Hat rental terms and conditions
By hiring a hat from M.O.D. Designs studio, you agree that you have read and accepted these terms and conditions and they shall apply to your use.
M.O.D. Designs greatly appreciates your custom and hope you feel stylishly fabulous wearing your headpiece.
- A hired headpiece to be collected in person from the studio, usually takes place by appointment only. Customers may contact me on the Monday of the week of your event to arrange a suitable collection time.
- Hire duration is usually for four days and the headpiece should be returned on the next working day after the event date(by post or courier). If the headpiece is not returned within this period, there will be an extra charge for an extra hire. Arrangements can be made in advance for a longer hire period by agreement.
- If returning the hat by registered post or courier, please ensure the hat is packaged securely(and insured to the value with proof of postage). The headpiece remains the responsibility of the hirer until it is received back safely.
- The refundable security deposit will be refunded on the safe return of the headpiece(and hat box), provided it is returned in the same condition that it was hired. Care should be taken not to expose the hat to rain and to be careful of make up marks. Please keep the hat under an umbrella in wet conditions. If the headpiece is damaged beyond repair, the customer will be obliged to pay the cost of replacement and the security deposit will be included in the balance payable.
- The hired headpiece remains the property of M.O.D. Designs at all times. No guarantee is given as to delivery time by An Post or courier as this is outside our control but normally delivery is 1-2 days and you will receive a tracking number.
- M.O.D Designs is not liable for any damage or injury caused by the hired item.
- In the event of the booked headpiece not being returned from a previous hire or has been returned in a damaged condition immediately prior to the booked date, the customer will be given the option of choosing an alternative replacement headpiece. Obviously this will not be identical to the original headpiece (as all the headpieces are unique designs). The other option is that the Hire fee you have paid (including delivery charges and deposit, if relevant) will be refunded. M.O.D. Designs is not liable for any loss or damage caused as a result of a hat or headpiece not being available due to circumstances outside of its control.
- Once a headpiece has been booked, a refund will not be given for the hire fee if the booking is cancelled. However, provided that at least 7 days notice is given before the booked date, a credit for the hire fee paid will be given for a cancellation which can be used towards another hire by that customer within the following 12 months. This credit is not transferable.
- If returning the headpiece in person, please contact the studio to arrange a time that is suitable.
- M.O.D. designs may modify the price, content or nature of the hat service at any time. Notice of such changes will be provided by email, text message or by publishing them on this website.
- Delivery costs for return of a headpiece is the hirer’s responsibility. Any goods lost in transit that you are returning to the studio will also be your responsibility.